X

• Suodata
  • Aika
  • Näytä
Clear All

• AUDI 5-Quattro

Terve:)
    First of all.
    I speak quite fluent finnish, but as writing is not perfect yet, i will build that thread up in english to explain/introduce some details better.
    Feel free to communicate with me in english or in finnish.
    Few words about me and why im here.
    I have been leading and building many years of big overhead powerline projects for Fingrid and other grids in Finland/Sweden/...blabla. Seems that many years in Finland will be still ahead. Great country and great nature.
    Why im here. Because of audi intrest.

My car was usual Full S-line 3.0TDI 176KW, Automatic, quattro, year2009. This car was full of electronics from factory already(keyless,B&O, Elecrical lether seats with memory, many many more extras), black interior + usual stuff

Now one year later.
    Performance:
    Big IC, 2,5`` IC pipes, filters...
    Straight through full 3`` exhaust without dpf, cat, 3`` downpipe
    VKM motors ECU soft (ET 13,3s with 20´´ rims)....
    OUTSIDE i have done: S5 front/rear bumper(rear bumper with sharks(custom)), 102mm x4 exhaust tips, RS5 working! rear spoiler, chrome mirror caps, LED front fog lights, Facelift tailights, LED nrplate lights, some fake S5 signs i really love....

INSIDE i have done: RS5 automatic Gear knob, RS7 start/stop button, Audi Drive select system, Vw Phaeton w12 pedal covers/footrest (1:1), facelift A5 door buttons, Custom made steering wheel with S-colors, DSG pads on steeringwheel, Pioneer/Alpine subwoofer/amplifier connected with B&O system(bass control inside console), Ambient light under door panel trims, Lether trunk handle.......
    Wheels, fitment, tyres, brakes: 15mm spacers front/20mm rear, HR OE springs -35mm, RS6 new front brakes/ updated rear brakes, HEL performance brake lines, Custom made 20´´MHT FORGED VENDETTA (9,5; 10,5) rims with 275/30 and 255/30 tyres.....
    VIDEO:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loM-ZaNlqDk
    Winter video:) 19`` winterrims.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yb33DRTOzs

Some pictures also for you to see. Most persons dont recognize, what it really is. I guess i will next go to RS look and remove all badges i have put there. Then it should be ok.

Viimeksi muokannut masuurik; 17.7.2016, 21:40.

Viimeksi muokannut masuurik; 29.5.2016, 23:19.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Looks really good.

Comment

I should also update the start/stop-button. The sticker is as terrible as you had.

Comment

Yes, also it really cuts your finger. Those corners could be really sharp. Wiring and plug wasnt 1:1. Amount of wires are same, but pinout not. If you buy new button, buy new plug also. Also as mine is RS7 one. One connection climps needs to be cut off, but it will stay without it very well.

Comment

Having an idea to replace my rims and tyres. If someone likes them, make an offer.
                      Bought RS5 inner doorhandles. Nothing fancy, but just some small emotion details to inside.
                      Made suspension check and planning to clean body from S5 badges. Mostly because that car is already too hybrid to wear any badges. Best parts from S and RS models. Although its quite fast, even compared with real S5, still feels silly.
                      Also nrplate with my full first name.

Viimeksi muokannut masuurik; 29.6.2016, 23:30.

Comment

Comment

Not sure about the door handles but those legs would look good in my -91 100q too.

Comment

Debadge and maybe darker look? Audi rings blackend and all chromes black?

Comment

I like the spoiler and the custom steering wheel, nice! The S5 badge will divide opinions, I would leave it off.

Comment

Yeah, that badge thing is always like woman with too big silicons. Some guys like them, some guys prefer without :D. Matter of taste.
                                Firstly i liked those S5 badges as car looked like S5 completly, but now there are too many OEM S and RS details. Its abit silly to keep them now. Maybe those V6T i will keep, because those will give some detailing to side. Although they were ment to be on gasoline engine, my car still has that type of engine under hood, but fuel type is different. If im not wrong, new SQ5 using them also?

I love also same things the most like u said. Spoiler, because its superrare and its working like a charm with my custommade control unit. Quite funny to wave it in traffic actually. I know it looks really silly to move that up and down during rushhours, but heyyy....It has made for showoff more than for downforce for sure and it does its job on the front of nightclub 100%. Steeringwheel also is custommade and ordered from Poland. Great work and super quality. Alot thicker, very sporty and really feels good to drive. I have that opinion that at most emotion you can get from things what you can feel, what you can see, which will move you.
                                Viimeksi muokannut masuurik; 30.6.2016, 16:03.

Comment

Some things have been done.
                                  Removed all S5 badges. Kept only V6T on fenders as they will give some touch to sides. Steeringwheel and front grill having now OEM s-line badges like at the beginning. Nothing on trunk lid anymore.
                                  Also bought from germany RS5 interior. Exclusive version, heated seats, fully electrical, memory, cup holders in back. Interior has driven about 8900km and looks totally new, from 2014 car.
                                  needed some codings/learnings for memory part. Other things worked straight. All door and seats buttons are now Facelifted aswell.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Also some extra Hp for that car. Drives great and sounds amazing without any resistance.

Comment

Traded custom wheels for new RS4 R20 OEM Rims + new 265/30 R20 tyres. Very pleased with change. And much better to drive now. Even on high speeds. Got new wheels and pockets are still full of money. That was good deal, those rims were expensive.
                                          I really like them and they suit well with my OEM+ look and RS mania. They are abit too usual maybe, but i really like them and that new sporty look.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Now you are at right way, bro :) I like people to understand power of OEM style, Audis are so well styled that mostly people will ruin their car fitting "all nice" together. New RS interior is also astonishing <3 It would be nice to see you with your car 10.9. at Auto24Ring ;)

Comment

The "Doppelspeichen" wheel is on of the best looking OE wheels, IMO, nice! I have the same style on my B8.5, just 19".

Comment

Yeah thanks, if my work will not disturb me on that date, i will join you for sure. And yes, i speak fluent finnish also so possible to ask whatever is on somebodys mind.

But abit more maybe then about car plans.
                                                    Now you can notice that size diference between front and rear brakes. With new wheels you can see that instantly as they have more air between spokes. I was hoping not to deal with it, but sadly i have to, or should.....

What would be easy way? Rs5, Cayanne, Touraeg, q7 rear calipers. Easyest way will be for sure Rs5 kit and probably for most of persons it will be more than enough.
                                                    But for me 330mm rear discs and OEM Rs5 calipers are abit joke. They are not goodlooking and neither doesent look fast. For R20, they are still tiny.

So i was looking abit more agressive parts. Went to AUDI Tallinn and measured brandnew R8 brakes. I was pleased that this beast had already samekind of frontbrakes which i managed to assemble for my ride. 365mm in the front. It was flower style, but i dont like them much so no problems.

Rear was 356x28mm + handbrake caliper + 4 sport main brembo calipers. I wanted to say that:``Yes please, those for me``, but that price...I knew that already its expencive.

Not i decided to get everything peace by peace from Germany.
                                                    Few notes in here. As R8 using physical handbrake with steelwireand A5 has electrical, its abit harder to find right parts again, but...!

There are parts and i found what i need:
                                                    *356x28mm brakediscs and OEM brakecalipers from AUDI RS6 C6 V10 rear left and right + brakepads + brakes dust shield. Until here, it should be Bolt-on.
                                                    As those OEM RS6 calipers are with one cilinder and they are so small compared to discs(WTF?), then i will use only electrical handbrake system from that caliper and hydraulic side will stay blind. Plugs and electronics sholud be same as A5.
                                                    *For main brakecalipers its needed to buy Audi R8, L Gallardo, L Murchelago, Porsche Cayenne S 955, Porsche Cayenne S Facelift Turbo 957 4 sport brakecalipers for 356x28mm discs + brakepads. To add these now, i need to make separate attaching aluminium frame.
                                                    *HEL performance brakelines.
                                                    Might sound pointless, but for me its very interesting to make thatkind of rebuilt. Not regular parts, not regular solution. Add fun for whole package.
                                                    Viimeksi muokannut masuurik; 5.9.2016, 14:01.

Comment

Brakesystem is now 95% updated.

Front brakes were already few months ago updated to brembo 8-spot calipers. As im using 20`` wheels, rears were looking ridiculously small.

Front:
                                                      Rs6 C5 8-spot calipers
                                                      New brakepads
                                                      New 365x34 mm brakedisc
                                                      HEL performance brakelines

NOW rears:
                                                      Audi RS6 c6 V10 rear brakecaliper frames + A5 electrical handbrake motor + new brakepads
                                                      Porche cayanne Turbo S 955 facelift 4-sport brembo brake calipers + new brakepads.
                                                      Audi RS6 c6 V10 brakedisc 356x28mm
                                                      Audi A5 3.0TDI front brakehoses
                                                      Custom brakecaliper carriers

Some explenation.
                                                      I was really motivated when i got staff, but actually non of those things were even close to bolt-ON fit.

I made custom carriers for both calipers separately and from 15mm steel. It was quite a challange to make correct shape and it was hard to find boltinglocations for M12 bolts.
                                                      Ofcourse disc offset was wrong also and had to put 25mm aluminium flange between disc and hub. Luckily i managed to put same wheel flange what i was using between wheel and brakedisc before. Now wheel offset remained the same which is really good. Also wheelbolts lenght remained.
                                                      After 10h and alot of swearing flanges were ready for both side.
                                                      During same night, i managed to clean calipers abit, painted them, added same style brembo logo like front have and lacqued it over to maintain good look after years.

Through whole project, i liked porche brakepads the most.

Comment

Rs6 brakecaliper was meant to be invalid from the first day. Oil system i made blind and i create small vacum inside + i filled it with some oil for cylynder health. There i replaced nipple with polt.
                                                        RS6 handbrake motor plug didnt fit with A5 body side electrical system, but luckily A5 motor was going 1:1 to Rs6 caliper.

Finally all things were together and working, gaps were normal and everything was good to go. All nuts fixed with nylon stopsystem or threadlock glue.
                                                        I calibrated and adjusted engine tolerances with computer. Its working like a charm now.

Porche brakes were working also after air was out from system.

Testdrive was starting smoothly and ended with heavy braking. I wanted to see how this mod will behave in normal traffic and during extreme conditions.
                                                        Now all works. Nothing is stuck and no problems. Just brakes needs to have some RUN In time.
                                                        I could say thats not bad result at all. Its braking like crazy mothafucka now. Its really cool.

Maybe you have came up with some question and i will try to answer them :

*All things are new, but why discs are old? They came with calipers and were 27mm thick. I found them to be very little used. I grinded discs abit to have smooth result. This was alot cheaper than buyng new ones with 500eur per PCS.

*No dust shield on the back? No place to put it anymore and maybe those small peaces dont make any difference there.

*New rear brakehoses? Yes, HEL performance custom brakehoses like front are coming.

*Brakes well? Really good. Worth of money? yes, for sure. Worth of effort? It was really hard work and things are really heavy, its better to read your action from forum instead of two full days inside dust.
                                                        *Abit too big brakes to back axel? yeah, but overengineering with cars is cool. 330mm were been just too regular.

*Might it be possible to add RS6 brakecalipers also to oil system? Yes, with hydro triangule its possible, but there is no point for that. This Porche caliper is more than enough. Also i think, that it might cause some irregular load to disc.

On the last picture, car has just run out from garage and has made 2 runs around house. Thats why there is that oxide line still there, Now everything is clean and looking normal.

As it all was quite exhausting, i didnt make much pictures.

Comment

I found out that FIN audiclub will have meeting in Pärnu, on new auto24 track 10.09.
                                                          I would like to come also and say hallo and chat. Bad thing is, that i coulnt find any proper information and dayschedule for this event.

Firstly i hope that im welcome. I would like to just come there to spend great day, im not interesed to use track. Might it be possible to get in to pitlane parking area with car? Not like in forum, i will speak finnish during event. If someone is intrested to share info with me and thinks that i might be welcome, PM is open for letter.

Comment

http://foorum.audiclub.ee/viewthread.php?tid=166864 You are very welcome to meet and chat with us at the Ring. :)

Comment

Working...
                                                            X