RHD to LHD Rear Light issue

Collapse
X

• Suodata
  • Aika
  • Näytä
Clear All

• RHD to LHD Rear Light issue

I have imported an Audi A4 2006 Cab and was wondering if there is an easy way to update the Rear Lights.

I have changed the rear clusters completely to LHD ones but of course the Reverse and Fog Lights are not correct.
    (UK one has Reverse on left and Fog on right and LHD vice versa).

Is there a change I could do at the front? Or does it mean a rewire by Audi who have quoted €360 or so.

I have only one experience of local dealers doing some work on my Audi and they made an incorrect diagnosis on a different issue, so only my local Espoo Audi have been good but expensive.

Well, wouldn't have guessed it makes any difference at the rear. (still not believing :))

I have a feeling the fronts can be re-adjusted without wiring changes. But hopefully get an answer from somebody more knowledgeable later in the day.

Comment

The fronts needed to be changed which I have done as they shine on the wrong side and can't adjust.
      The rears the same .. they have Reverse in one and fog in the other and on the opposite way round in each cluster from say UK to Fin. But they need each wire swapping .. if there is a quick way ?

Comment

I don't know there's any regulation on reverse light side (it has be white light), but fogs have either to be on both sides or just in left side. Might be easier just to modify the left backlight to include the fog. However I'm not familiar with the light arrangement in B6 (especially cabriolet).

Just wondering if the modifications are really needed if the car is "wrong sided", but still legal in EU directive terms, in anycase?

Of course if you want to make this hybrid car, front lights have to be changed. These are completely different with different the light pattern. I.e. atleast in A4 B8 there's "conversion" option in the MMI to change the light pattern if needed, but that is not perfect and is ment only for temporary usage.

Comment

Working...
        X