No announcement yet.

Scottish Audi owner in Kajaani

Collapse
X

• Suodata
  • Aika
  • Näytä
Clear All

Shipping from Finland and within Finland is usually expensive as hell. Shipping from otherside of the globe to Finland seems to be as expencive as shipment from Helsinki to Vantaa :) Atleast it takes as much time...

Comment

• haha. yeah I've noticed that seems to be the case. I can send a huge box from my parents to Kajaani for the same price as it takes to send a bar of faser chocolate back to them. So I try to take gifts with me on business trips to the UK and send them on from there. It gets kind of complicated with a bike though :)

Comment

• I'm thinking about selling my A4 to take up an offer of a much newer A6. It's very painful even considering this because an A6 will be a nice, sensible family car.... not a sexy, quite thirsty, loud beast. But of course my steering wheel is on the wrong side of the car for most Finns so I have to decide how much it could realistically sell for in Finland, or should i take it to the UK to sell it or take it to pieces and sell the parts in Finland?
        "proper" left hand drive 3.0 quattro sport A4 avants sell for 10,000€ upwards on nettiauto

but what should I value mine at? Any ideas anyone?
        November 2001
        3.0 quattro sport A4 avant
        130,000 miles/209,000 km

B7 aero wipers
        18x8.5J RS& replica alloy wheels
        Full half leather black recaro interior seats
        all front steering arms, tie rod ends etc replaced last year with Meyle HD parts
        RS4 rear anti roll bar
        s-line front lower spoiler
        S4 front grill.
        s-line lower door mouldings
        twin cat-back Milltek stainless steel exhaust with resonated centre pipes (unresonated centre pipes also in my garage)
        New brake discs and pads front & rear last year
        HID (xenon) headlight conversion. I had to switch the bulbs back to halogen for my katsastus test in November because i don't have headlight washers in my front bumper)
        Picture here

Comment

• I would recommend atleast trying to sell it here in Finland. It might be rare for an Audi to be "wrong"-sided here, but atleast I see almost every day "wrong"-sided cars (mainly japanese, I wonder why :D).

Personally I thought many times, what it would feel like to drive on the wrong side and I could think it would be quite intresting.

Any values are hard for me to speculate, but why not about same as all others? :)

Comment

• If I remember correct, somebody on the forum imported a RHD RS4 some time ago..? How much was the tax discount compared to a LHD RS4's? Maybe the asking price of your car could be that much lower in % than an equivalent LHD 3.0 A4. At least I would not pay the same for a RHD than for a LHD..

Anyway your car looks great and if the price is right I doubt you will have no problem selling it.

Comment

That tax discount is 20%.

Comment

• Thanks all. so there's a tax discount if buying a RHD car? if importing it and registering for the first time in Finland or even when buying it as a private sale within Finland? Sorry, maybe I'm being a bit stupid but I haven't bought or sold a car in Finland. I just imported my own when I moved here.
                Maybe there's more chance of finding a buyer in the south of Finland, where it's a bit more "normal" to have a cheap japanese import? That said, one forum member (and a good friend) told me yesterday he might want to take it off my hands and he's in Kajaani. I really don't find any problems driving it here, even overtaking if I'm not stupid. The only issue is getting out to operate an auto car wash or parking machine if I don't have a passenger to do it for me :)

Comment

There seems to be a tax discount when you import and register a RHD car for the first time in Finland. In this thread (post #32) it's mentioned to be -20% of the market price and it is due the assumption that the resale value of the car is lower.

http://www.audiclub.fi/audifinns/sho...d.php?t=110630

But I haven't imported any cars so it's all hearsay to me. :)

Comment

Have you already read these?

Comment

• aha. yes I know all of those documents very well but I don't recall seeing anything specific to RHD cars. Tulli will estimate the normal sales price of the car based on similar cars in finland, with similar kilometres etc. I imagine that for a RHD car this estimate will be lower but I haven't seen any official guideline of 20%. They will apply a discount of 5% plus €750. So thinking about the car I want to buy from Germany, if a 2009 Audi A6 3.0 tdi quattro with 150,000km sells for €40,000 in Finland (just a quick estimate) I would get a discount of €2750 (discount in terms of the valuation of the car). So the car would then be taken to have a value of €37,250.
                      The CO2 rating for the same 3.0 tdi A6 is 189gm/km, which means a tax rate of 27.9%. So that would be €10,392.75.
                      VAT doesn't have to be paid unless it's a new car or the car is less than 6 months old.. or has less than 6000km on the clock. So there should be no problems there. Add Finnish license plates and doing a katsastus test should cost about €200.
                      In the case of the A6, if it was bought for €20,000 and it was worth €40,000 in Finland then I would probably pay about €31,000 plus transport costs. The same applies for a RHD car but the calculations will reflect a lower estimates sales price in Finland.
                      But thinking of my car.. it has already been imported so really it all comes down to what someone sees as the equivalent value to compensate having the steering wheel on the other side. But I see the sense in basing that on something like 20% off the price of an equivalent Finnish LHD car.

hmmmmm.....

Comment

The tax-rate for CO2-based calculations increased on the 1st of May. The old formula ( co2 + 40 ) * 1.22 doesn't work anymore. It's easier to check the proper percentage from Tulli's webpages;

http://www.tulli.fi/fi/tiedotteet/th...t/04401012.pdf

189 CO2 = 33.2%

Don't shoot the messenger :)

Comment

Also, according to the Finnish Customs page MAHTI, a 2009 A6 3.0 TDi quattro avant with 150 Mm on the clock has a common salesprice of 29810€ here in Finland.

http://asiointi.tulli.fi/mahtiinternet/

Comment

• haha. thanks Harald. oh bollocks
                            that's quite a difference in price from the cars I looked at on nettiauto http://www.nettiauto.com/audi/a6/4595942
                            but lower value means lower tax. excellent! maybe that will balance up the higher % :)

Comment

• OH, you've got an audi too! :) Next time at Hospoda we shall talk about that subject then! I just joined the club even if I've had an audi since... 2003? I actually might have been interested about that A4 but I hate driving wrong side! I'm just currently visiting Australia and gotta drive these wrong siders - well, with automatic transmission not too bad tho...
                              Viimeksi muokannut miserable; 18.6.2012, 04:45. Perustelu: typo

Comment

• aha!!! yes I've had about 14 audis over the past.. 5 years? well, just one in Kajaani actually but the rest in Scotland. Some I fixed, some I took apart for the parts (and sold a lot of parts), some I just drove when I wanted to. Finnish prices are crazy though so for now I have one. Although I just bought a house with a big garage so maybe I need to fill some of that extra space soon :)

The problem with driving in Oz is you're probably driving a horrible Auzzie car instead of a German one! :)

Comment

• It's only 4 years since I updated this thread :)
                                  So here's a picture of my "new" car that I bought last year and brought over to Finland. Originally it was French, then it spent some time in the UK.
                                  1990 Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 7A 20v
                                  I have fitted Recaro leather seats (originally from a Mk3 Golf) and 17" Bolero summer wheels. I have changed many more small things so far, including the rear lights (more modern "red" lenses instead of the older "orange" style), 3 spoke leather steering wheel... I have vinyl wrapped some of the interior trims to cover the horrible wooden effect. I fitted a new head unit (Pioneer with matching lights)... new front speakers... I have new rear speakers to fit some time... I have a remote central locking kit to fit sometime too... Lots of small things still to do.

Comment

Working...
                                  X